Search Linux Wireless

Find ambient energy of wireless channel

Hi All,

We are students from University of Michigan,Ann-Arbor, currently doing
research on wireless ad-hoc networks. We need to know if there is any
possible way of finding the ambient energy if we don't receive any packets,
just by sensing the channel. Does the chipset send that information to any
of the ports and is there any functionality in the drivers to get such
information. If there is no such thing is it possible to get access to the
data sheet of chipset. We request you to kindly help us by replying if you
knew the answer. We are ready to sign on any non disclosure agreement if
the information is confidential.

Thanks,
Indu.