Search Linux Wireless

Re: Need Linux driver (preferably 64 bit) for "Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6230 (rev 34)" WiFI & Bluetooth card ...

Resent because the last messages was rejected due to having HTML formatting.

Hello Ozan:

You know that's actually a great point. You just reminded me of something!
I have noticed that, while the laptop Bluetooth indicator light does toggle
On-and-Off each time I press Fn-12; the WiFi laptop indicator light does *not*.
It has never turned on (*ever*), no matter how many times I press Fn-11
(the key combination to toggle WiFi On-and-Off). I just assumed it was
the driver issue I was having (and it may still be).

Here are your rfkill outputs...

root# rfkill list goes:

root@p170hm# rfkill list  (Run when Bluetooth light was on -- RX/TX enabled;
WiFi light is off.)

   0: hci0: Bluetooth    <--- Note: Don't let this 2nd bluetooth interface
beguile you.
       Soft blocked: no              This is a tiny bluetooth dongle I
temporarily attached to
      Hard blocked: no              a USB port because this same N-6320 card
also provides the laptop's
                                    bluetooth capability. But being connected to
a USB port, Fn-12 will
                                    not affect it showing up in the output of
rfkill (see later below  -
                                    it will remain in the output).
   1: hci1: Bluetooth
      Soft blocked: no
      Hard blocked: no

root@p170hm# rfkill list  (Run when Bluetooth light was off -- RX/TX disabled;
WiFi light is off)
   0: hci0: Bluetooth
   Soft blocked: no
   Hard blocked: no

In either case, I see no reference to a WiFi device.

Hope that helps some more.

Regards & Thanks,
Noel