To: "Chuck Crisler" <ccrisler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-wireless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:52 AM
Subject: Re: intermittent eap authentication failure

Chuck,

Sometime ago I found a conflict between the supplicant and the MAC80211 code dealing with Cisco session timeouts. When we were 'deauthenticated', the MAC
code notified the supplicant AND re-associated with the AP.

That doesn't seem right, mac80211 will never re-associate by itself.

We modified the driver so that if it received a
de-auth with reason code 1 (undefined?), it would *NOT* notify the
supplicant but would re-associate, then notify the supplicant of the new
association.

What's that driver you're talking about? A mac80211 driver that
reassociates by itself doesn't seem right at all.

johannes