Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC 1/2] ath9k: Fix up hardware mode and beacons with multiple vifs.

On 01/14/2011 03:19 PM, Björn Smedman wrote:
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM,<greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
From: Ben Greear<greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

When using a mixture of AP and Station interfaces,
the hardware mode was using the type of the
last VIF registered.  Instead, we should keep track
of the number of different types of vifs and set the
mode accordingly.

Thank you for your efforts to get multi-vifs working better.

This is another comment that is a little out of place but when I see
the identifier beacon_interval in this context I cannot help bringing
up per-vif settings as a related problem: If I read the code (or
rather the lack of code) correctly the beacon interval of the last (or
first?) beaconing vif added will be used to set up beacon tx, whereas
the actual beacon contents will reflect the beacon intervals
configured for individual vifs which may all be different... The same
goes for e.g. tx queue configuration, no?

It feels like we need a general multi-vif cleanup here but it's too
big for me unfortunately.

I haven't looked at beacons in that detail yet.

If I can get agreement on the current patch (and the dozen or so preceding it),
then I can take a closer look at beacon intervals.  I don't think that needs to
be done as part of this vif/opmode/beaconing cleanup though.

New patch is coming shortly, as soon as I get some testing completed.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>