Search Linux Wireless

RE: What pieces are needed for wl1271..what directories, files, configs, etc..

Hi Oz,

Thank you for your response.  I have been looking at that web page:
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/wl12xx

when i get the latest driver at
git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/luca/wl12xx.git

Do I take everything that comes in this compressed file and replace it in a Linux kernel?
Which Linux kernel is this driver code for?

I'm not really sure what the compat-wireless is...we are using the Linux 2.6.31 kernel
Do I need to get compat-wireless somehow for the 31 kernel?

Then the notes say integrations needs to be gotten for SDIO, Lenient, and platform data pasing..

Then the notes say I need WL127x firmware...

after all that I can build the kernel?

Do you have any example code that uses the interfaces for the wl1271 chip (the APIs)?

I've never ported a driver in Linux before...
I assumed all it would be is to get the driver directory corresponding to the new chip, adding or replacing it
in the drivers directory, build it, and voila, i have a driver to test..

I think I should not have assumed that, correct?

...this is why I'm confused........
:-)
thank you for your time!!!!!!!!!!
Karen