Search Linux Wireless

Re: brcm80211 locking up

On 12/13/2010 12:22 PM, Sean Paul wrote:
> Hey Brett,
> I've checked the switch, it's enabled. I've also tried the code on a
> different machine (same model) with the same result.
>
> Sean
>
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Brett Rudley <brudley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Check the RF disable switch on your laptop (also known as airline switch, wireless disable switch, etc).
>> It probably got bumped to the 'disabled' position.

I have noticed some instances where a new kernel will come up with rfkill hard
blocked even when the switch is in the on position, and in one case where the
box does not even have a switch. These have been with b43, thus no hang.
Unloading/reloading the driver fixes the issue, which I think is caused by an
uninitialized variable in rfkill. Thus far, I have not found a cause, and have
not previously reported it.

In any case, booting the computer with the rf switch off should not cause an
infinite loop.

Larry