Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] .36 ath9k patches for .35-longterm

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:22:34AM -0800, Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 07:56:37AM -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Andi Kleen <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I sent this to the athk9 maintainers earlier, but it looks like
> > > Atheros' mailserver doesn't like my mailserver and I got a bounce.
> > > Resending to the lists.
> >
> > Heh, odd.
>
> It complained that my IP was non trusted.
>
> As far as I can see the problem is that your barracuda email
> appliance looks for any IP addresses in email headers --
> not just the IP address of the delivering mail server --
> and since I send from a dynamic address as first
> step it fails.

Thanks for the details, I'll nag at our IT.

> > > ath9k-fix-timeout-on-stopping-rx-dma.patch
> > >
> > > Some of them apply to .35, but a lot of others do not and I found
> > > it difficult to decide which ones are suitable for 2.6.36
> >
> > You mean for 2.6.35?
>
> yes, sorry for the typo
>
> > Eek, um OK, we'll give this a some good review and get back to you.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/compat-wireless-2.6.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/linux-2.6.36.y;hb=refs/heads/linux-2.6.36.y
> >
> > > Right now I didn't merge any ath9x patches until this is resolved.
> >
> > This will take a bit of time, as some of these patches may require
> > manual backport and as you noted some dependencies. Given that this is
>
> The question is if they are critical for .35. Are they?
> If not can you just send the ones which are critical?

The critical ones are all marked as stable accordingly, but since
a lot of stable fixes are for AR9003 and since 2.6.35 does not have
AR9003 support enabled you can disregard all AR9003 stable fixes
on 2.6.36. That itself might get you all the ath9k stable patches
you do need and will likley apply cleanly.

> > for long term we will do some work to get this to you. Its too bad we
> > can't get AR9003 support in there, that's a huge set of patches
> > though.
>
> Non trivial new hardware support is out of scope.

Ok, fair enough.

  Luis