Search Linux Wireless

Re: orinoco_cs module and WPA not working

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Giacomo Comes <comes@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 09:52:15PM +0000, Dave Kilroy wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Giacomo Comes <comes@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> wpa_supplicant log indicates it is continuously timing out the scans.
>> I don't know what is going on there.
>>
>> What you can try is to turn off wpa_supplicant roaming, and force
>> wpa_supplicant to connect to the AP with highest priority in your
>> config. Set ap_scan=2 in wpa_supplicant.conf, and set
>>
>> group=TKIP
>> pairwise=TKIP
>>
>> in the network block.
>>
>> This also prevents wpa_supplicant trying to connect to an AP using
>> BSSID, which the agere cards don't support.
>
> Running:
> wpa_supplicant -ieth1 -c wpa_supplicant.conf -f wpa_supplicant.log -dd
>
> wpa_supplicant.conf content:
> ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
> ctrl_interface_group=0
> ap_scan=2
>
> network={
>        ssid="Comes"
>        psk="<password>"
>        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
>        priority=5
>        proto=WPA
>
>        group=TKIP
>        pairwise=TKIP
> }

OK, looks like you're using a newer wpa_supplicant that tries to use
IW_AUTH_MFP which orinoco doesn't know about. I can modify the driver
to silently pass these calls through, but it would be nice if
wpa_supplicant didn't fail because a driver didn't support a
particular option.

I'll put together a patch to accept an IW_AUTH_MFP call set to NONE or
DISABLED, and fail on REQUIRED. In the meantime you could try use an
older wpa_supplicant. I think I was using 0.7.2 before, but I can't be
sure.

Dave.