Search Linux Wireless

Re: rt61pci issue

> > > Thanks. Unfortunately nothing special in there. Mostly RX and TX
> > > interrupts. So there must be something else ...
> >
> > Tim, is this on x86 hw? Or something else?
>
> I don't know if this will do any good or harm but it could be worth a try
> as the spec for rt61pci says something like: "Don't enable interrupt
> mitigation in the same write as releasing the other masks.". Since we
> always write a mitigation period of 0xff == "No mitigation period" we can
> simply leave interrupt mitigation disabled.
>
> I really don't have any clue if this will fix anything but it might be
> worth a try.

i have been running this patch for a few days and i haven't experienced the
problem again.

according to `top', the kernel thread `irq/16-0000:08:' still is the kernel
thread, that is using the most cpu time (after an uptime of 8 hours) it is about
50 seconds, while the second most expensive kernel thread (`kworker/2:1') takes
below 5 seconds of cpu time.

cheers, tim

--
tim@xxxxxxxxxx
http://tim.klingt.org

Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange
the Muse. It cannot be done. You can't fake quality any more than you
can fake a good meal.
  William S. Burroughs