Search Linux Wireless

Use case for the radiotap rate patch

In the following thread Pavel was sacking for an use case for his patch to
support the radiotap rate field;

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/52229/focus=52265

I'm currently using the patch in a custom routing protocol for wireless mesh
networking (www.wing-project.org). The protocol uses broadcast frames sent
at rates different from the baserate in order to implement its routing metric
(WCETT). Without the patch I would be forced to sample each neighbor using
unicast frames making the metric implementation not scalable with the number
of nodes.

Also, which would be the way to support the multi-rate retry chain from user-space? I'm currently playing with some custom RC algorithms in users space using the
click modular router, but I cannot take advantage of the mrr.

thanks
R.