Search Linux Wireless

Re: Linux Client vs. CISCO AP with band select

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 05:49:30PM +0100, Wolfgang Breyha wrote:
> We tried to deactivate "band select" already and my laptop was able to
> connect instantly to the nearest 2.4GHz AP. But that's the point where the
> second "feature" kicks in. "load balancing" is then used by the APs to kick
> stations trying to push them to an other AP. At this point Linux clients
> have troubles again to get a stable connection.

Could you please send a wpa_supplicant debug log for this one, too? If
the AP is just kicking out the station, we should be able to blacklist
the AP and try to find someone else..

I've seen number of issues with load balancing designs in the past, but
I think I fixed many of them the last time I was testing this.. It's a
bit pity that I don't have this type of "enterprise AP" test setup at
home to remind me that things are not working. I usually end up
debugging this only when traveling and getting hit by connectivity
issues myself.