Search Linux Wireless

Re: r8187se panic

On 13/11/10 18:44, Larry Finger wrote:
On 11/13/2010 12:18 PM, James Womack wrote:

It's good to see that this problem is being examined closely. I have been living
with this issue on my EeePC 701SD for some time and it has been very
frustrating. I can confirm that the same issue Robie describes occur for my
701SD with r8187se wireless card (Fn+F2 causes a kernel panic when turning the
wireless card off -- this doesn't seem to occur when turning it on if the
netbook starts up with the wireless adapter off). This has occured in Ubuntu
versions 9.04 through to 10.10. I recently switched to Debian Squeeze (testing,
beta1), currently running 2.6.32-5-686 kernel and am experiencing an identical
problem. I'm not experienced in debugging this type of issue myself, but would
be happy to test any suggested fixes for the issue and report back results
(though you would need to advise as to how to do this and what to include in