Search Linux Wireless

Re: memory clobber in rx path, maybe related to ath9k.

2010/10/15 Björn Smedman <bjorn.smedman@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> 2010/10/15 Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I tried the patch below, and it didn't seem to help.  Might even
> > have hurt..as it died on divide-by-zero error:
>
> Hmm, looks like the ani code got a zero listen time from the hw...
> That just might mean that the DMA actually hits one of these
> descriptors. :)

Am I the only one worried about this? Leaving a DMA descriptor
pointing at memory which has been passed on to somebody else... To me
that's like pointing a loaded gun at someone (and it seems this
particular gun can go off a little haphazardly).

Luis, given how hard it seems to be to get that locking and skb
shoveling right, are you sure you want to keep pointing that DMA
engine on innocent people's data?

/Björn