Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath5k-devel] [support] ath5k contention windows

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Bob Copeland <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Jonathan Guerin <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> as well as 1360 frames which came in with a negative CONTENTION_TIME.
>>
>> Ignoring the fact that some frames are coming up with a negative
>> CONTENTION_TIME (which potentially points to another problem)
>
> How negative are these?  Are you subtracting more for, say, txtime
> than you should be?

Actually, I've found that they were exactly one slot time negative
(give or take 1us). That said, I was doing these calculations using
the 802.11a OFDM spec timings. I looked at the driver and realised
that SIFS is actually being initialised to 14us, whereas it should be
set to 16us. This will also affect DIFS. Once I take these into
consideration, they come up as approximately 4-5us out. Now that I
think about it, it could make sense.

With regards to the tx_time, I'm using the OFDM tx_time formula from
the 802.11-2007 spec. I'm trying to lock down enough aspects of the
timing in order to verify it. From what I've seen now, my txtime is
almost always 4us short, but I can't work out why. I will get the code
for the txtime when I get into my office, I don't have it on this PC.

> --
> Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com

Thanks,

Jonathan