Search Linux Wireless

Re: A mailing list for regulatory wireless-regdb changes

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:43 AM, John W. Linville
> <linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Feel free not to use it :)
>>
>> Just hoping to avoid unnecessary confusion -- I suppose it is fine
>> if that is what people want...
>
> I do not know how else to help speed up review without having to wait
> for a intermediary delay of someone at a company forwarding some
> regulatory changes e-mail to a person who is supposed to review them.
> With the list we would have a direct way for people to communicate
> with the folks who do care about regulatory and who may have roles who
> do that.
>
> If people do not mind the constant "please give us a few days" e-mails
> then things work without the list but then we (at least Atheros) just
> need to make sure regulatory change e-mails do get to the proper folks
> for review because we (Atheros) is committed to reviewing these
> changes.

BTW I found a use for this list now, to archive some initial e-mails
from Michael / others regarding reguatory changes. This information
would need to be parsed and then submitted in patch form but it should
also provide us with a URL reference on a regulatory related mailing
list for some details for commits on wireless-regdb.

I'll try it out next and you guys tell me if its OK.

PS. I'll be subscribing a few of you guys to this list now :)

  Luis