Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath5k Ad Hoc Association

I've just tried associating with an existing MadWifi station, and the
'ibss join' command doesn't work - the ath5k station eventually gives
up and just creates it's own BSSID.

I used the above method:
# Create interfaces
iw phy phy0 interface add wlan0 type adhoc
iw wlan0 set channel 36
iwconfig wlan0 channel 36
iwconfig wlan0 essid txctest

# Set IP and bring up
ifconfig wlan0 10.0.1.64 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

sleep 5
# Scan trick to force association
iwlist scan

and this works and the station joins the existing Cell ID - I can ping
the other station etc.

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Guerin