Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath9k: ap tsf seems random and only uses lower 24 bits or so

2010/6/29 Felix Fietkau <nbd@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I had a similar thought about the multiple invocations thing. I think
> that's a good approach in general, but we need to ensure that we make it
> safe.
> The main point of this function is to detect baseband hangs. If we
> experience such a hang, I'm not sure we will always get enough
> interrupts to do multiple consecutive tests.
> One way to make it safe would be to reschedule the tasklet each time we
> ignore the result of the ath9k_hw_check_alive(), that way we keep the
> detection time low as well. Maybe we could also use a timer for leaving
> 10 ms time between attempts.

The xmit logic has sc->tx_complete_work that periodically checks if
the tx is hung and resets the chip if so. Maybe we could refactor that
into a common periodic health checkup task in main.c that could call
into both xmit.c and recv.c? Or does ath9k_hw_check_alive() have to
run in the interrupt context in some way?

> - Felix

/Björn