Search Linux Wireless

Re: ioctl for b43 driver

2010/5/25 Huy Le <lehuy0406@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On 05/24/2010 06:26 PM, Gábor Stefanik wrote:
>
> 2010/5/25 Gábor Stefanik <netrolller.3d@xxxxxxxxx>:
>

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Huy Le <lehuy0406@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> Currently I try aircrack-ng with b43 driver but it is fail at this statement
> due to the following statement:
>
>    ioctl( fd, SIOCGIWFREQ, &wrq ) < 0
>
> This happens because we do not have ioctl for b43 driver. I just want to ask
> if there is any way to work around.
>

> Confirmed with ath9k. Apparently rdev->channel is NULL for monitor
> interfaces.
>

> I meant wdev->channel - it got changed recently.
>

> Thanks.
> --
>

> --
> Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)
>

> Thanks for your respond. However, I can't get what you meant. I am trying
> aircrack-ng and I found in the source of aircrack-ng that they call ioctl(
> fd, SIOCGIWFREQ, &wrq ). But the driver of b43 doesn't support ioctl, so
> this call is failed. Is there any solution for me? My wireless card is
> BCM4312 [14e4:4315]
>
> Thanks.

Well, b43 supports ioctls using cfg80211, at least if cfg80211 wext
compat support is enabled in the kernel configuration. The problem is
something else - since the change from rdev->channel to wdev->channel,
monitor interfaces do not have a valid channel pointer in either rdev
or wdev. The same problem exists on ath9k and ath5k, and probably
anything that uses mac80211.

Attached is a C source for a test app that shows whether SIOCGIWFREQ
completes successfully. Compile it using "gcc iwfreqtest.c -o
iwfreqtest", the run as "iwfreqtest <name of interface>". It seems to
consistently fail on monitor interfaces, and succeed on anything else.

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)