Search Linux Wireless

carl9170 1.0.6 carl9170_tx_superdesc

	I need to track a new value for each tx frame only in the firmware.
It appears I should be adding it to carl9170_tx_superdesc. But that structure seems to be used on both the Linux and firmware side, and I have not been able to successfully add to it without breaking something elsewhere either in the firmware or Linux driver or between them. Alternately I can create a private array to hold my data, but then I need to be able to find items in it using a carl9170_tx_superframe pointer. I am gathering that the cookie and queue number constitute a unique identifier, but that seems like alot of work to avoid adding a u16 to carl9170_tx_superdesc. Any other ideas about tracking a u16 value for each tx frame only on the firmware side without substantial complexity ?

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein