Search Linux Wireless

Re: Strange ACK Behaviour with ath9k

Hi Roberto,

When I've seen this it has been caused by a mismatch between the
addresses in the injected frame and that configured in the hardware.
The transmitting radio doesn't understand it is the intended recipient
of the ack and continues retrying.

/Björn

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Roberto Riggio
<roberto.riggio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a very strange behaviour between two sr71a (ath9k) cards
> operating in monitor mode. I'm using the following patch to specify
> the transmission rate frame by frame:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/47441
>

> However if I try to send some traffic between the two nodes with both
> interfaces operating in monitor mode I can see from a third machine
> using wireshark that albeit the frame is sent and the corresponding
> ack generated, the originator seems to ignore the ACK and keepts
> retransmitting the frame. This is happening on both ends of the
> communication (i'm ping one node from the other).
>
> As a matter of fact i thought that ACK are handled directly by the
> firmware. Any hints?
>
> R.
> --

Venatech AB