Search Linux Wireless

Re: CRDA and ath5k with no country code in EEPROM

Christian Lamparter <chunkeey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Are you sure, you (or the hw manufacturer for that matter) didn't confuse
> the country code with regdomain code?
>
> because while they have more or less the same function, they do have different
> mappings. The 0x00 country code is reserved for the FCC (US), while the 0x00
> regdomain code is a described as "debug" with supposedly no limitations?!

I meant regdomain, is the country code (two letters) stored in the
EEPROM as well? If so and if others were talking about it instead of
regdomain, then I was/am really confused.

ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x0
ath: EEPROM indicates default country code should be used
ath: doing EEPROM country->regdmn map search
ath: country maps to regdmn code: 0x3a
ath: Country alpha2 being used: US
ath: Regpair used: 0x3a

(This is for other, old card but I think the ones I need to use produce
the same output).

Then again: does the regdomain = 0 means "US" or "default country" (or
something completely different), according to Atheros' docs?
--
Krzysztof Halasa