Search Linux Wireless

WIFI on embedded board.

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this thread.But I am
looking for some help and guidance so that I can learn about WIFI ,
Embedded linux and Device driver.

I am working on a project to build an embedded board with WIFI connectivity.

I need help in deciding how to get WIFI connectivity to the board. I
have two options to buy a WIFI module or a WIFI USB dongle.

What would you suggest?

How should I get it working ? I could load the driver on the board and use it.

I want to build an application using it. The reading material on the
site is very good. I have tried to go over it as much as possible. I
understand that I need use IOCTL once the driver is working. Can I get
help with a sample code which could give me a head start.

 My present status:
- I have a embedded development board TS7200 .
- It has USB and Ethernet Port.
- I am able to get port Linux on it and run program to communicate
between  devices  and a computer using socket programming and
Ethernet.

I am bit clueless because this is an embedded board and I have just
started working on such platform.

Thank you.

Regards,
Suraj Swami