Search Linux Wireless

ar9170: USB dongle locks up until replugged

Hello,

In short: On Ubuntu 10.04 (currently in Beta 1), the USB dongle (Netgear WNDA3100) locks up and the radio stops working after a random amount of time (from a minute to a few hours). The dongle has to be unplugged and replugged to start working again. Restarting NM and/or unloading and reloading the module has no effect. This is clearly a problem between Network Manager and the ar9170usb module, since removing NM makes it go away.

It was, however, suggested to me that perhaps the driver shouldn't allow for something like this to happen in the first place, which is why I'm writing here.

dmesg and daemon.log which includes messages from nm don't include any interesting info; I'll be willing to provide other logs if anyone thinks they are relevant. The launchpad bug I refer to above has some debugging information attached.

Thanks,

Dominik