Search Linux Wireless

Re: Building of compat-wireless-old in 2.6.25 BSP kernel for PowerPC architecture

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 5:29 AM, PAN Sunny S K <sunnypan@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 5:06 AM, PAN Sunny S K <sunnypan@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi Pavel,
>>>
>>> It is unfortunate that the ath_pci is dependent on ath.
>>
>> No, you shouldn't even try to load ath_pci - ath_pci is part of
>> Madwifi, you need to load ath9k instead.
>>
>> BTW are you loading the modules using modprobe or insmod?
>>

> Thanks, both insmod and modprobe for ath produces the same result:
>
> ath: Unknown symbol wiphy_apply_custom_regulatory
> ath: Unknown symbol freq_reg_info
>
> modprobe for rfkill_backport and cfg80211 even produce not found error and
> only insmod will produce the provided snapshot.

Did you install compat-wireless, or only compile it? Also, try running
depmod. (Modprobe not finding modules is a sign of an incorrectly
installed module.)

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)