Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] mac80211: disallow bridging managed/adhoc interfaces

Johannes Berg <johannes@...> writes:

> To avoid such mistakes in the future, disallow adding a
> wireless interface to a bridge.

Hello,
after the latest git pull my Linux AP stopt working
because the system is not allowed to add the wlan0
interface to a bridge.
I bisected the problem and ended up here.

So my question is, what is the right way to go after
this patch, to bridge the wireless with the wired
network interface on the AP, if bridging of the wlan
interface isn't allowed anymore?

Routing isn't an option here, because the two interfaces
should form one common boadcast domain.

It have worked fine all the time and the hostapd
documantaion at the linuxwireless.org
(http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/hostapd#Configuring_hostapd)
describes how to bridge both interfaces on the AP, too.

And from now on all that should be wrong?
Sorry, I am confused.