Search Linux Wireless

Re: cfg80211 connect for at76c50x-usb

Jason Andryuk <jandryuk@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi Jason,

> I am unable to connect to my AP with at76c50x-usb.  I believe the
> cause is at76c50x-usb and mac80211 trying to send separate auth and
> assoc packets to an AP.  Unfortunately the packets for these commands,
> while sent over USB to the device, are not actually transmitted.  My
> understanding is prior to joining a network, packet transmission is
> block.  However, there is a USB command, CMD_JOIN, for connecting to
> wireless networks.

I actually think that the problem is because of missing bssid. I
recall that when I was, a long time ago, porting at76 to mac80211
CMD_JOIN didn't work unless I used the correct bssid. I tried to find
a workaround, for example all zeros or all 0xffs bssid, but no luck.
So I had to make an ugly hack that uses CMD_SCAN if the bssid is not
set and CMD_JOIN otherwise.

If you have the time, you could test my theory by hardcoding the bssid
for CMD_JOIN. Alternatively you could try Luciano Coelho's oper_bssid
patches from a month back.

--
Kalle Valo