Search Linux Wireless

Re: ssid

Hi,

This change happened because no driver required the SSID, and many
drivers were using it incorrectly. I'd be happy to add it back for an
in-kernel driver where I can see that it is needed, but _very_ reluctant
to do it for a driver I've never seen. So please add it back in a patch
that you use for development, finish your driver, and then when it comes
time to post your driver upstream you can also post the relevant
mac80211 patch. Oh also please don't develop against 2.6.29, it is
_ancient_.

johannes