Search Linux Wireless

Re: Massive packet loss with ath9k, AR9280, hostapd in 802.11n mode

Am Montag, 28. September 2009 09:56:23 schrieb Holger Schurig:
> Oh, and what I'm not yet getting: how can a wrong country setting
> lead to so much packet-loss?

I don't think these two are connected - the erroneous country setting is
probably just the reason why I can't try the 5GHz band and thus can't verify
if the packet loss occurs there as well.
Thanks for your explanations - I will try to get CRDA and regdb running and
will try again with the 5GHz band.

One other thing comes to mind: this 802.11n card has two antenna connectors,
and both are actually connected to pigtails (which are probably not mounted in
correct distance according to wavelenght, but that shouldn't cause packet
loss). However, it might be possible that one of the antennas has a poor
connection, is misaligned with the clients, or whatever. What I couldn't find
in ath9k is an option for user-controlled antenna diversity (comparable to
madwifi). How can I selectively disable antenna usage and/or set them for RX or
TX mode only?

best regards,
Rene