Search Linux Wireless

Re: Differences between wireless-testing and mainline

Quoting John Ranson <ranson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Is there a good way to keep track of the differences between the
mainline kernel and wireless testing?  I'm running wireless testing to
minimize firmware errors with my iwl4965 card. When mainline
incorporates the code that I'm running, I would like to switch back.

git whatchanged wireless-testing/base..wireless-testing/master

wireless-testing/base is usually the latest release or release candidate from the mainline.

If you want a better granularity, e.g. you are ready to switch to the mainline before rc1, you'll need to track the mainline and look for the patches you care about.

You can also pick up the patches you need from wireless-testing and apply them to the mainline repository. If you do it with STGit, it will tell you that the patches have been merged by telling you that the local patches have become empty after the update.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin