From: Jason Self <jason.self@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2009/9/6
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] firmware development Fwd: convocatoria
(pagada) a desarrollo
To: gnewsense-users@xxxxxxxxxx

> Dear coleagues.
>
> As you might know, I use only libre software. If I would use semi-libre software I wouldn't have noticed the following. The wireless network card of most widespread use in Quito, Ecuador, South America is
>
> DLink DWL g 520 - RT61 Wireless LAN PCI Card
>
> It can be installed with kernel linux but its firmware is non-libre. I need that firmware to be developed as soon as possible and would like those whom feel capable of doing it (reverse engineering) post their quote for development. We consider paying different people (if that is possible) for different parts of the work.
>
> I would also ask to those whom would like to chip in for the payment of the development put some money in, express so and with how much money you would like to contribute for the payment of such development. If nobody destinates a budget, I will asume on my own the cost entirely but I asume that a small contribution starting from $1 will be possible for many people.

Have you contacted the folks at linuxwireless.org? Based on [1] it
appears that they would be willing to work with DLink (assuming that
DLink would be willing to work with them.) Even if not, perhaps you
might find an interested developer (or two or three) willing to take
it on?

[1] http://linuxwireless.org/en/vendors/DriverDevelopment

Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez
593(02)340 1517 / 593(09)821 8696
http://quiliro.wordpress.com
"Sólo cuando el último árbol esté muerto, el último río envenenado, y
el último pez atrapado, nos daremos cuenta que no se puede comer
dinero"