Search Linux Wireless

AP: ath5k + hostapd occasionally sulks

I'm running hostapd 0.6.9 and currently compat-wireless-2009-08-22.

This seems to work most of the time, but occasionally (usually days
between occurrences) stops accepting connexions. Usually there's no
indication of this in the logs, but when clients try to associate they
eventually time out.

However, the most recent time this happened was when I was downloading a
large amount of data to one of the clients. I got a lot of

ath5k phy0: no further txbuf available, dropping packet

in the log and then the connexion died and wouldn't come back until I
restarted hostapd (I reloaded ath5k for good measure; I should probably
have tried without doing that...)

I have two questions:

(1) is that buffer message something that might have been addressed
since 2009-08-22, and

(2) What can I do to track down something that happens this
infrequently? I'm running hostapd with -d, but that doesn't log anything
different when it happens.

--
Jón Fairbairn                                 Jon.Fairbairn@xxxxxxxxxxxx