Search Linux Wireless

Re: compat-wireless and DKMS

Jeremy Wolcott wrote:
Has anybody tried to get compat-wireless working with DKMS? This would be really handy for me since I run Ubuntu and they have been pushing kernel updates pretty frequently lately, but I need the newest compat-wireless to run my Atheros card in master mode via ath5k...

I tried for quite a while today and the build just won't work. (The 'make clean' step returns error 2, and then the build itself fails with "(directory it's building in) is a directory. Stop.") I think it's because the Makefile for compat-wireless uses the PWD environment variable, but I'm not well-versed enough in Makefiles to fix it up so that it'll work from a different directory (DKMS builds modules in /var/lib/dkms/MODULE_NAME/VERSION/build instead of wherever I unpacked the source).

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks,

-Jeremy

I've been packaging compat-wireless in linux-backports-modules-2.6.31 on a semi-spasmodic basis. Current version contains wireless-testing master-2009-09-01.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx