Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath5k-devel] a possible regression in managed mode ?

Please include linux-wireless, addint it back again.

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 09:52:27AM -0700, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 05:10:18PM +0200, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> > Can you try with -D nl80211 and see if that fixes your issue?
>
> I'll be able to try that in a couple of days... I'm now in the
> situation when I run my eee pc in Master mode.
>

> > Also from your description of the issue below it is unclear to me if
> > you do not see these issues with an older kernel or if this is only
> > happening with newer kernels or wireless-testing. Can you please
> > clarify.
>
> When I use 2.6.29.4 everything works smoothly and association and
> authentication always happen at the first try. The "authentication
> timeout" issue only happens with the wireless-testing kernel from git.

This is when using wpa_supplicant 0.6.9? Or when using both 0.6.9
and git version of the supplicant?

> Since my scripts always call "wpa_cli reassociate" I was not aware of
> the fact that the first time wpa_supplicant was succeeding in
> associating the first time (hence the Access Point log that show the
> first successful association and nothing more).

You know you can just have wpa_supplicant try to reassoc for you
upon disconnection automatically, right? I use something like this:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ap_scan=1
network={
        ssid="mosca"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=NONE
}

> On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 05:53:31PM +0200, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> >
> > Also please install iw, and provide 'iw event -t' log.
>
> Already installed here. I'll provide the output as soon as I'll be
> able to test the nl80211 driver.

May want to update from git, iw has been updated recently so you could
decode more messages specially if using wireless-testing.

  Luis