Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Linux Wireless] Update of "en/users/Download" by ReinetteChatre

Yes, I tested it. When you place that config file containing "search updates built-in" in /etc/depmod.d directory, it doesn't work. You have to place it in global config file /etc/depmod.conf.

How depmod works with config files in /etc/depmod.d directory is a mystery for me. I wasn't able to learn
this from manual pages.

And I tested another thing too. When some of config files (either global /etc/depmod.conf or one of those in /etc/depmod.d directory)
doesn't contain search command ,
everything works fine, according to manual page for depmod, using builtin search string "updates built-in" what is what you need. As soon as one of them (either global or one of those in /etc/depmod.d directory) contains search command, then depmod uses this one. It seems seach command in global config file (/etc/depmod.conf) has higher priory. But as I say
I really don't know how depmod works with all config files.

roman