Search Linux Wireless

Further improvements to the software scan implementation

Hi,

as already discussed with Johannes we can further optimize the scan
implementation by allowing (on an active channel) to send probes as
soon as any other frame is received (and updated the NAV) instead of
ever waiting 30ms.

Another optimization I thought of while reading [1] would be to take the
same approach as Intel in their ucode. If a frame is received while
scanning a passive channel switch to active scan mode and send out probes.
That should allow us to shorten the time needed to stay on that channel.
Luis, do you think this is ok in regard to regulatory restrictions?

Thanks,
Helmut

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=200907061428.55840.jung%40ecos.de&forum_name=ipw3945-devel