Search Linux Wireless

Re: BUG REPORT: libertas causing kernel lockups

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 08:59:39 +0200
Holger Schurig <hs4233@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > By executing 'cat /proc/net/wireless' I get the same bug:
>
> I haven't tested your exact but, but I've the following in my
> mind, back from about 1 year ago when I did lots of libertas and
> libertas_cs work:
>
> Access wireless stats made the libertas driver (in wext.c) issue
> a command towards the firmware in the hardware. I think it was
> the command to get the current SNR/RSSI/whatever.
>
> The libertas command-response-cycle does sleep, so you could
> trigger a bug. I once had a patch (and I think I posted that
> patch). The patch lied, by providing the last SNR/RSSI/whatever,
> and issueing a "get SNR/RSSI/whatever" in the background, just
> storing the result. So just one "cat /proc/net/wireless" returns
> bogus, but a continues command returns "valid" info, e.g. when
> doing "watch iwconfig eth1".

Sorry for asking a potentially stupid question as I am no way a
wireless hardware expert, but can this bug be caused by wrong firmware
version?

BTW, it is really hard to find a patch you are talking about in the
archive. Could you please give some clues on the key words to search
(besides your name and "patch", of cause)?