Search Linux Wireless

Re: Proposal enquiry for Wireless Roaming feature enhancement

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 17:51 +0300, Kalle Valo wrote:

> >> What about older fullmac cards, do they support roaming in hardware?
> >
> > Yes.  airo at least, and I think also atmel, orinoco, but not Libertas.
> > Most of the fullmac cards do handle roaming between BSSIDs in the same
> > SSID transparently.  Libertas on the other hand pushes that control to
> > the driver.
>
> Can you tell anything about the configuration parameters available? For
> example, can the driver configure an rssi threshold for enabling
> background scanning[1]?

On airo maybe, there is for example:

	__le16 linkLossDelay;
	__le16 maxBeaconLostTime;
	__le16 refreshInterval;

which might have some effect on the firmware jumping to a new AP.  Or it
might just be the threshold at which the driver gives up and signals
disassoc.

TBH, I'm actually not sure about atmel, I forgot that their firmware is
somewhat lighter than airo and orinoco.  Later orinoco firmware versions
might give up more control to the driver.

Dan