Search Linux Wireless

ath5k: works only occasionaly

i'm facing issues with ath5k and my laptop ever since i first installed
it, linux 2.6.24 or somewhere around there.
i get occasionaly associated and working wireless lan at home though any
attempt to access public wifi (university/schools/cafes) results in
"CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED -- remove keys" or "noise floor calibration
timeout" errors from wpa_supplicant (don't worry i already tried every
wpa_supplicant version from 0.6.1 to trunk, whereas the newer ones even
with the -Dnl80211 option). sometimes wpa_supplicant associates me but
packets will just time out (dhcp, ping, etc) and it will disassociate me
shortly after that attempt, also tried using nohwcrypt=1 as module
parameter and different kernels (as of request in
#linux-wireless/Freenode) which didn't cause any effect at all.
as you can imagine it's hard to provide you with useful debug
information right now, since i'm at home but i'm thankful for any
suggestions and guides on how to give you more useful information than that.

--
Mierswa, Daniel

If you still don't like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply
know better than you do.
               --- Linus Torvalds, comp.os.linux.advocacy, 1996/07/22