Search Linux Wireless

Re: b43 : under high load, ack are lost

Michael Buesch wrote:
On Wednesday 20 May 2009 23:09:47 matthieu castet wrote:
I see also some period were the AP seem to drop all packet.
I am wondering if it can be due to slow recalibration.
Do you now how much take calibration were mac is down ?

I think you should try without QoS.
Try specifying the qos=0 module parameter to b43.
If that does not work, additionally apply the following patch.
I think there are some problems with QoS and I think somebody reported some bugs
some time ago. I think they are still not addressed.
Thank you for your help.

First I used a ipw2200 for monitoring traffic, but it seems it doesn't not capture all packets. That what explain the strange pattern I saw before (missing ack or 2 following ack).

The qos disable doesn't seem to help much. There still some period where the AP seem blind.

Disabling pwork doesn't help, but some stuff is still done with b43_phy_txpower_check on tx path.

I will try to investigate more. A quick workaround is to increase the number of retry on my station.

yes.

Matthieu