Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFT v9] rfkill: rewrite

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Johannes Berg
<johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Confusing, but I think the stacktrace is just bogus. Can you recompile
>> > your kernel with CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER please?
>>
>> Nope, cos it's already enabled :-).
>
> Damn, I had hoped to get relevant information. I really don't see how
> rfkill could cause a problem in regulatory code, let's ask Luis.

I'd review the code but its easier to just ask for now -- do you use
the global workqueue ? Anyway -- the more jammed up the global
workqueue is the more likely it is that last_request will not be
populated before a driver comes around with they custom reg request.
The stupid solution is to check for last_request. The right solutions
it to flush the global workqueue which I have just addressed.

Mind you I think its now worth considering adding our own workqueue to
cfg80211 so we don't have to flush every damn thing on the global
workqueue on the core initialization but I figured that can be done in
a separate series as we need to address stable as well.

  Luis