Search Linux Wireless

Re: Interop testing of 802.11s

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 03:06:18PM +0100, Rui Paulo wrote:

> I believe more recent drafts have changed some small things, namely OUIs
> and IEs.

Now that IEEE 802.11s/D3.0 actually passed the 75% threshold in the IEEE
802.11 working group ballot, it would be nice to get the implementation
in Linux updated to match with the latest draft. I did review most of
the draft, but have not yet checked how close the current Linux
implementation is to this. I'm not sure when I would have enough time to
work on this, so I would not mind if there were other people showing up
with interest to work on this.. ;-)

Being able to run interoperability tests with two independent
implementations would obviously be quite useful both from the view point
of getting better implementations and also to be able to figure out if
there are still unclear areas in the draft that would need to be cleared
up before the amendment to the standard gets published.