Search Linux Wireless

Re: Warning when terminating wpa_supplicant (wext driver)

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Johannes,

>> > something similar now happened during normal operation:
>>
>> Just curious, have you applied johill's latest idle fix patch? I've
>> been running iperf overnight with it and my woes are gone. I tested RX
>> though, I'm leaving TX running now but haven't yet seen any warn.
>
> this is still running wireless-testing.git from yesterday with the debug
> addBA patch from Johannes.

Ok yeah wl from yesterday didn't have johill's patch applied yet.

>From the looks of it the intel hardware doesn't want to stop the
aggregation session which is API-breakage -- which is why you get the
WARN_ON. This is happening when you are disassociating. I have a
feeling johill's other patch will fix your issue but regardless I
believe this just highlights more we should flush our queues (both RX
and TX) before scanning.

  Luis