Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC/RFT v2] cfg80211/nl80211: add IBSS API

Hi Alina,

let me repeat what Johannes mentioned earlier, please don't send emails
twice. Just use a proper working MUA and do Reply-All.

> > and that is just plain wrong to begin with. If you want a one command do
> > everything, then do that in userspace and not inside a kernel API.
>
> Then why not implement deferent syscalls for floppy disks, hard disk drives, solid state disks and normal files? If you want one generic API than write an users-space library.
>
> Thought-out APIs sucks, MS-DOS rules!

you are seriously comparing block devices to network device now? They
are different, go figure. You better bring technical arguments that
matter and not something far fetched from a total different technology.

> > make WEXT happy is wrong. If you want something like that then do it in
> > userspace. I just don't see the need here for an extra kernel API.
>
> There is no concept, what should be in user-space and what not. It's all mixed together. Not a microkernel, no a monolithic kernel, awful.

Actually there is a clear thing here. No policy inside the kernel. So no
stupid magic between ad-hoc and managed mode. The userspace has to make
the decision what it wants to do. The kernel just executes it.

Regards

Marcel