Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] rfkill: rewrite

[remove memebeam.org from CC, it doesn't have an MX]

Hi Henrique,

> There are three independent rfkill controllers in a thinkpad: UWB, WWAN,
> bluetooth.  They're hierarchically slaved to the master radio-kill switch in
> the standard EPO way:  if the master switch is active, all rfkill
> controllers are forced active (all radios are killed).  If the master switch
> is not active, each rfkill controller can be independently set to kill or
> not their respective radio.

[snip]

Thanks for the explanation. I guess that kinda makes sense. One thing
I'm entirely sure about -- I had removed the sw default state setter --
I guess this code still requires then? I was thinking the sw default
state should be set for the devices it applies to, but it seems that if
the master rfkill switch is set to "transmitter off" then one needs to
set the default state (for all USB transmitters etc) to off, correct?

johannes