From: Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Subject: [lsb-discuss] The Linux Foundation is accepted as a Mentoring
Organization for the Google Summer of Code 2009
To: Tso Ted <tytso@xxxxxxx>, Jim Zemlin
<jzemlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Amanda McPherson
<amanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"printing-architecture@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<printing-architecture@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Printing-japan
<printing-japan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"lf_driver_backport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<lf_driver_backport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux Foundation
Staff <lf_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"lsb-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<lsb-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
webdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

we are accepted as a mentoring organization for the Google Summer of
Code 2009! Thanks to all of you for your support.

In one week Google will open for the student's applications, but already
now we should do everything to get good students to work on our
projects. So p[lease answer student's inquiries on prokect mailing lists
with priority and hang out on your project's IRC channel. Add any new
idea which you have for a student project immediately to the ideas list.

If you want to mentor or if we have selected you as a mentor on the
ideas list, please

1. Create a Google account if you have none. This does not require
having and using a gmail/googlemail e-Mail address.

2. Go to http://socghop.appspot.com/, log in with your Google account
and create a profile for you.

3. Tell me your link ID or apply as mentor for the Linux Foundation on
http://socghop.appspot.com/.

As soon as I have your link idea or a notification about your mentor
application, I will invite/confirm you as a mentor.

And in general, please spread the news so that we get as many student
applications as possible.

   Till