Search Linux Wireless

Re: Is the linuxwireless.org web site OK?

<43e72e890903160915tbefcf16w2892606e857ded72@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Luis R.
Rodriguez" <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Jouni Malinen <j@xxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:37:55AM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
> >> If you browse to linuxwireless.org, do you get the correct page? I don't,
> but
> >> did yesterday.
> >>
> >> My ISP has been having some problems with hackers getting at their name
> servers
> >> and that may be the source of my trouble. On the other hand, the web site
> may
> >> have been hacked.
> >
> > I would assume the web site itself was not hacked, but someone just
> > forgot to renew the domain.. Based on the whois data, I would assume the
> > expiration date was yesterday and after that, someone/something just
> > changed the domain to point somewhere else..
>
> Please update your bookmarks to use wireless.kernel.org. Alejandro
> Bonilla is the owner of linuxwireless.org and was reluctant to give it
> to us so just in case we started prefering to use wireless.kernel.org
> which we do have more control over.
>
> Hopefully once he gets this he'll update it though.

I'm reluctant to help anyone that expects people owe them anything. The fact that I gave linuxwireless.org for use is a Gift as I normally pay the Domain Price. This only makes you a really bad admin for not knowing when it expires.

I will surely Update the subscription, let me know if you want to keep using the Site.

bye

Alejandro Bonilla
EMEA Technical Services
abonilla@xxxxxxxxxx