Search Linux Wireless

Re: rt2x00 mesh support

On Sunday 15 March 2009, Antonio Marques wrote:
> Upon further investigation, beaconing does not work after configuring
> an interface in mesh point mode but running 'iwlist mesh scan'
> triggers something in the driver that enables beaconing.
> After executing this command beacons are generated and correctly
> received at other nodes.

Thats odd, but very interesting :)
Could you enable debugfs and CONFIG_RT2X00_LIB_DEBUGFS and
use the script from http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/ivd/tools/rt2x00_regdump.sh
to create a register dump before running 'iwlist mesh scan' and afterwards.
(So basically when beaconing is broken and when it is working).

Thanks,

Ivo