Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Rt2400-devel] No ProbeResp == dead interface?

linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
> The first thing to try would be to see if rmmod rt61pci; modprobe rt61pci is
> enough to recover it. If it is actually a cardbus card then you could also
> try unplugging and replugging it.

It's a rt2500, so I use that module. Should I use rt61pci?
If memory servers, rmmod/modprobe does not help. It is a PCI card with no loose
parts on it so unplugging/plugging is not really an option.

linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
> Neither of those is an ideal solution though. Do you fancy the task of trying
>  to diagnose the underlying fault which is likely to require at the very
> least  making sure the driver is built with debugfs support enabled and may
> require  adding a few printk statements into the kernel modules to reveal
> more details  of the behaviour?

No problem. I've never used debugfs, but I kind of know my way around the
kernel. The problem has existed at least since the opensource driver got
merged into mainline. I'm not sure if the closed source one had the same issue.
So bisecting is not really an option.

So, where do I sprinkle the prink's, and what info is useful?

Thanks!
/Anders