Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8187 cannot fix rate

>>> What rate-adjustment method are you using? The output of dmesg will
>>> tell.
>>> If you
>>> are using minstrel, then you should post the contents from the
>>> following
>>> commands:
>>>
>>> STATS=$(find /sys -name rc_stats)
>>> echo $STATS
>>> sudo cat $STATS
>>>
>>> Larry
>>>

>> phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel'
>>
>> find /sys -name rc_stats produces no results whatsoever. These is no
>> rc_stats in /sys.
>
> You need to set "CONFIG_MAC80211_DEBUGFS=y" in your configuration.

Hi Larry,

Been experimenting over last couple of days to enable this. Have
successfully recompiled the kernel and installed with above config option
enabled. This may have been unnecessary but could not compile without
doing it.

Anyway, now running the custom kernel and installed compart-wireless
snapshot from 09/02/2009 and still nothing has appeared using
find /sys -name rc_stats

I must be missing some vital step. Any thoughts please.

Cheers

PGR

--
Laws are partly formed for the sake of good men, in order to instruct them
how they may live on friendly terms with one another, and partly for the

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded
perversity? Have you ever considered a career in the church?
Bishop of Bath and Wells (Blackadder II)