Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] Setting 11n MCS TX bitrate

Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> Not yet, but please feel free to give a shot at hacking it up. It would require
> a new cfg80211 command but keep in mind the way I believe we want this is to
> use the 802.11 MLME SAP interface for this.
>
> Right now ath9k also does not report the right MCS index through iw
> though. It seems this is due to the way our RC works... anyway this
> could use some love too. Sujith may be working on this, not sure,
> sujith?
>
> In the end it would be nice to see minstrel be used anyway so a good
> milestone is to allow ath9k select minstrel or let it use its own RC.
> By then things will start looking better I think.

Yeah, fixed rate for 11n won't work with ath9k right now.
And I'll take a look and see if we can have atleast a MCS to internal index
conversion hack - until the tables are shrunk properly.

But for now, you can do something like 'cat /debug/ath9k/*/rcstat' to see
what rates are being used.

Sujith
--
http://sujith-m.blogspot.com